Please submit your application, in English, by sending an email to email@example.com addressed to Ms. Linde Bryk, LL.M, indicating in the subject-line ‘Application Amsterdam Law Clinics - [your name]’. Your application must include:
- Your CV or resume (max. 2 pages);
- An overview of relevant courses and grades from courses you have taken at the University of Amsterdam or other universities;
- A sample of 1 - 5 pages (maximum 10) of your own writing in Dutch or English related to your studies;
- An analysis responding to the questions below, in a Word document that has your signature and indicating place and date:
- Why are you interested in taking part in the Amsterdam Law Clinics, and more specifically in the clinics you have listed as your preferences? (max 400 words)
- In your opinion, what is one of the most impressive public interest law case you have come across that has been dealt with in the courts and why is this case of such importance? What would you have done differently? (max. 400 words)
- Indication of preferences. The Amsterdam Law Clinics strive to ensure that as many students as possible are given the opportunity to participate in a clinic during their Master. We cannot ensure admission to a particular clinic and the application and selection process for the clinics is competitive. We recommend students to list in the e-mail that accompanies their application at least 3 clinics ranked in order of interest.
If selected for the clinic of first choice, selection is binding.
Deadline for application
- Semester 1: 19 June 2020
- Semester 2: 16 November 2020
Depending on the amount of cases and projects, Clinics may decide to issue an additional call for applications at the end of August 2020. We advise students who are interested and who missed the deadline to keep themselves informed on these potential additional calls through the website of the Amsterdam Law Clinics.